Sunday, April 26, 2009

Un mas?!?!

My last day of class is on Monday. Even looking past the fact that it's absolutely retarded for a college to end a semester on a Monday, that means that I have one more day of undergraduate education left.

Wooooooooooo hooooooooooo!!!

About two months ago saying that would have caused me to tremble in my boots. Now, I'm ready. I've had enough of the stupid papers, mindless tests and cramming information into my head that I will never remember and have no desire to. Sure, it also means an increase in responsibility, but I think I can handle that. As busy as I am in college, I feel like I'm working about three jobs anyway. And I'm not even getting paid for it! Heck, over the next 200 years I'll be paying them for it. How's that for fair?

But college ending means work beginning. Try not to get too excited. I think a kvetch in the Daily Tar Heel on Friday said it best: "Dear economy: Suck it. Love, The Class of 2009." But so far I've had better luck than I expected. I had my first interview the other day and there's a possible job opening that my professor told me about on Wednesday. Maybe the job climate isn't as bad as I thought....

But now it's time to become a real person: set up that account on LinkedIn, untag any questionable photos on Facebook, invest in some shirts and ties, and get ready to lose summer vacation forever!

Bring it on, world!

1 comment:

  1. Linked In! Noooooo.

    How burdened are you with student loans? :d

    ReplyDelete